Google is the World's largest search engine that crawls millions of web pages on daily basis. Since its official launch in 2000 as a company it quickly has gained momentum and become the most popular used website on the Internet. Google's founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin gave the name
"Google" after the play word "googol". This particular word refers to a mathematical term representing 1 followed by 100 zeros behind it. The name itself stands for the large volume of information in existence of its database, scope, and mission. The primary mission of Google is to organize and provide users with keystroke access to a World of information.
There are several reasons of the major importance to optimize a website for the Google Search Engine.
- Represents over 80% of all web traffic.
- The largest network of translators in the World.
- Database consisting of billions of pages - World's Largest Network!
- Organic traffic that lasts for years to come - Pending proper optimization.
- Over 150 domains across the Globe.
- Non-Paid Traffic - untapped potential of new prospects for your business.
Google are the SEO Philosophers
The philosophy behind the Google Search Engine lies in the firm belief of the phrase, "the perfect search engine". It's unique algorithm consists of the proper mathematical equation that delivers and understands exactly what each user is seeking to find when performing searches at Google.com Its co-founder Larry Page firmly stands behind this statement and urges all website owners to properly optimize their website for ultimate visibility and crawling by the GoogleBOT. When optimizing your website there are a few things that you should keep in mind and something that is also outlined in Google's Philosophy.
Top 10 Things That Google Recommends and Firmly Believes
- Focus on the user and else will follow - the number one priority of your website is to provide a pleasant user experience. This will also please GoogleBOT and earn you great credentials for providing an ultimate user experience.
- Focus on one thing - do it well - focus on what you do well. Inform your visitors and potential prospects on the things that you're good at and why they should choose you over someone else.
- Fast is better than slow - when your visitors are searching for something and they want it FAST, your website could be a click away. Google's algorithm will do its job if you optimize your website accordingly.
- Democracy on the Web works - while you're not in the run for politics (at least we hope not) being democratic on the internet works. Use the patented PageRank algorithm to your advantage and ensure that you site acquires one, as high as possible on scale of 1 to 10.
- You don't need to be at your desk to need an answer - Google is on of the leaders in developing mobile technology that provides and enhances the searching factor. If possible and highly recommended ensure that your website offers a mobile version. This will help users with handheld devices browse your website on the fly and with no technical difficulties.
- You can make money without doing bad things (black hat stuff) - just like Google is a business and offers services to its visitors, you too can benefit from this by turning it around for your company. Focus and optimize your website around Google's recommended SEO Guidelines and escape any black hat magic or tricks. These may work for a short period of time although you are risking the permanent blacklisting of your website.
- There's always more competition out there - many new websites are born on daily basis but lack the quality and information that Google users are seeking. Ensuring that your website provides quality content with a rich yet simple to navigate layout will help you stay ahead of the competition.
- Crossing borderlines with information - keep in mind international visitors as those are the ones that will also be visiting your website. If your website platform allows multi-language options make sure to take full advantage of them. Google spans across and over 150 domains and capturing more than 110 languages. That's alot of differently spoken tongue and additional web traffic to your website.
- You can be serious without a suit - Google's work ethics and mentality are built around the fact that work should be challenging and fun. While alot of Americans put on their suit on daily basis and enter a crazy work environment, Google has decided that going to work should be pleasant and enjoyable. Do the same with your website and practice the same approach to your potentional prospects. Create a web presence that is intriguing and competitive while at the same time doesn't suck the fun out of doing it.
- Great just isn't good enough - being "Great" at something truly has a lesser value than it used to. Nowadays it has to follow with something that you can show behind it. Create a web presence that represents an unique value to visitors and will continue to draw back old and new visitors for years to come.