Location, Location, Location! This phrase can have a dual meaning although in this case it stands for narrowing down results to an exact geographical area. Google’s ongoing effort remains to further refine and simplify a user’s search experience. A new feature such as Google Search by geographical location enables visitors of Google to find exactly what they are looking for. How about that? No more struggles of finding what you are looking for and in particularly within a specific geographical location.
Let’s say for example that you are traveling to New York, NY and you are interested in finding out more about the nightlife or dining experience. We all know that being in an unfamiliar territory can cause some difficulty and disorientation. Now you can simply visit Google’s main page and perform a search that will return results specifically around New York, NY. Find out the best restaurants and hot spots to hang out with friends or make new acquaintances. Below is a screen shot that outlines how quickly you can find the information you are seeking.
Just in case you missed the steps in the image here is a quick overview of how to search in Google by geographical location.
- Visit Google’s main website page and type in your search query in the text box.
- Below the search query box, click on Show Options by expanding the “+” box.
- On left-hand side panel, scroll down to All Results.
- Click on Nearby right below the All Results. The page will refresh!
- Check the left-hand side panel again for the All Results section menu. Click on Custom Location as a box will appear. Type in the location where you are attempting to search for.
Voila! You are on your way to finding information specifically around your area. Google search by geographical location has to be one of the finest piece of technology that has recently been added. Find more information about refining your search by location and more.